In the interest of our collective health and well-being, most PEYA workshops and events will be facilitated virtually. Some in-person activities will be planned for the 2021-2022 academic year in accordance with public health recommendations.
Who Are We?
PEYA is a youth-initiated organization, guided by a student Executive Committee and supported by Ecosource.
Start an environmental club
Become an environmental leader
Connect with environmental professionals
Earn volunteer hours
Our Organization’s Approach
Our Commitment to Sustainability
- All PEYA printed content is done using Forest Stewardship Certified (FSC) paper
- All registration for programs and events is done electronically
- PEYA Executive Committee meetings are paperless as members use electronic devices
- All food served at our events is either vegetarian or vegan and we attempt to use local ingredients whenever possible
- Where possible, events will have three streams of waste disposal (organic, recycling and garbage)
- All PEYA t-shirts provided to students and teachers are 100% certified organic cotton
- PEYA favours vendors who also work towards environmental sustainability
Participate in Upcoming Events
PEYA hosts monthly workshops on climate education and action. Click below to learn more about our large-scale events or on the image to the right to register for our upcoming events.